[vworld-tech] Modern MUD server design

Mike Shaver shaver at off.net
Thu Jan 22 17:02:04 PST 2004

On Jan 22, Brian Hook wrote:
> > Increased versus what, I find myself compelled to ask?
>
> vs. the GLCS benchmarks? =)

Completely, utterly different JS engine.  The Mozilla JS engine doesn't
have a ./configure build system -- it should, IMO, but I've never done
it -- so it was disqualified from the GLCS.

The Mozilla JS shell is easy to build, though, so you can run whatever
tests you like for timing.  (Or you can build the XPCOM-enabled shell,
if you get some more Mozilla bits, for zero-generated-code glue between
XPIDL-expressed C++ interfaces and JS.)

Mike