[vworld-tech] Big Tin?

Ren Reynolds ren at aldermangroup.com
Sun Apr 4 13:21:21 PDT 2004

This terranova thread
(terranova.blogs.com/terra_nova/2004/04/whats_in_a_shar.html) has
started to get into the option of using mainframe type hardware to run
either a single massive world or multiple shards - rather than medium
servers of the many 1Us that Cory of 2L has got into. Using big tin is
fine in principle, if it does what is says on the label, but does anyone
here actually have experience of running a V World on things like IBMs
zSeries?

As I noted over on TN I almost used this type of technology but that was
for insanely boring application like accounting ZZZzzzZZzzzz

Ren
www.renreynolds.com
terranova.blogs.com