[ENet-discuss] Send big packets in unstable wireless network problem

Eric Young evilbrave at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 02:49:45 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I use enet in my project to tansfer file in wireless network but I met some
problems.
1. Wireless is unstable so sometimes enet disconnect unexpectedly.
Should I change these settings?  (1) enet_peer_ping_interval or (2)
enet_peer_timeout  to avoid this unstable network disconnect ?
or this should be normal case so I shouldn't change these timeout configs?

2. Fragment is enet's feature for big packet?
If I have a huge packet and its size is over 100000 B, send huge packet
directly (fragment by enet)or I should send many small divided
packets(packet size under MTU )orderly if I could split the packet content?
IMO, if I can send small divided packets and enet is just responsible for
assemble. But if I send huge packet directly, enet would handle packet both
fragment and assemble.
which one is better performance for enet packet transfering?

thanks in advence.