[ENet-discuss] NAT punch through (again)

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 12:01:28 PDT 2012

I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.

I wrote code for this but have not tested it yet.

My research indicated that what was needed was as simple as sending some
packets to the appropriate address and port.
These packets were seen by the router and they caused it to create a 'hole'
through which you could communicate.
I hacked calls to enet low level send routines to send three packets before
attempting a connection.
The theory sounded good but I don't know how it will work in practice.

--
---
"There's a zombie outbreak!  Oh, no, wait a second...  It's just a bunch of