[ENet-discuss] NAT punch through (again)

James B z2895 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 11:27:48 PDT 2012

I have multi-player working in my game :)  Thank you to all who have contributed to enet!

I am now working on the master server list and NAT connection issues.  For this I understand I need NAT punch through, I have been reading up on it today and have come across several posts on the subject, including the old enet thread here:  http://lists.cubik.org/pipermail/enet-discuss/2011-May/thread.html#1748

My question is if you were adding NAT punch through to a game that uses enet how would you go about it?  Is there an addon source to enet I am missing which may be useful?  Should I simply create hosts on each client that connect to a third party as suggested in the enet discussion from 2011?  Should I use the MiniUpnp library?  Or perhaps Google's libjingle?  Are there any open source lobby/master servers that I can use to do this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UDP_hole_punching

http://miniupnp.free.fr/

http://maemo.org/development/documentation/manuals/3-x/howto_use_stun_bora/