[ENet-discuss] icmp/tracert/discovering network topology?

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 06:42:03 PST 2010

Yes, I have no control over where the player's computers are. Counting hops
was the only way I could come up with to get an easy measure of connection
speed without giving everyone the whole list and asking them to measure the
speed.

I thought about asking their systems to measure the speed then cache it. I'm
not sure how often topology changes or if dynamic routing might invalidate
my stored results though.

Thanks for the help with this.