[ENet-discuss] When is the ping stable ?

Uj ujdevil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 02:15:16 PST 2010

Hi all,
I agree with Ruud :-)

I changed the subject because another question came to my mind (and I dont
want to interfere with Jay's topic).
How do you guys know when the ping is "stable" ?

At connection the ping starts with a default value and then converge to the
right value.
Do you know some tricks to obtain the more accurate ping possible in a given
time ?

I'd like one peer to be able to map all ping values in a mesh network and
use those values as soon as possible.
So maybe I could set up a mechanism where everyone is sending its ping
values with other peers when he knows those values are stable.
Did anyone already implement something like this ?

Thanks by advance for your help,
best regards,
Julien