[ENet-discuss] reliable unsequenced

Daniel Aquino mr.danielaquino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 22:41:00 PST 2008

Is there any support for a reliable unsequenced channel?

My idea is to have a channel in which you can send packets that do not get
blocked by other packets.

For instance if I send a packet about a missile being shot then nothing
should block that packet from being delivered to the application
instantly....

I really don't want to have to create numerous channels for every single
type of packet as to reduce the chance of blocking other packets....

---------

Also is it true that by default a packet is unreliable and sequenced?

---------

My best ideas on what each type of transfer mode is best used for:

unreliable sequenced:        Player position updates, voice packets etc...

unreliable unsequenced:    Keep Alives, pings ???

reliable sequence:             data transfer

reliable unsequenced:        independant packets, weapon fire, drop mines

Just trying to get my head around this...