[ENet-discuss] Website confusion

spacedude at konggame.co.uk spacedude at konggame.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 02:38:34 PST 2007

There is something not clear about enet and who is in charge of
development. Up until now I have been using a version of enet which is
at least 4 years old. The simple reason being that if you type "enet"
in Google one of the first pages that pops up is enet.cubik.org. And
from what I can tell this website hasn't been updated since 2003. I
only just realised today that development has in fact continued but
now hosted at enet.bespin.org. I was initially confused as to whether
this was in fact somebody else who had taken over development and
created their own website. But from reading the mailing list it
appears that "Lee Salzman" is the current developer and always has
been. Am I right?

Why do you not simply redirect users from enet.cubik.org to
enet.bespin.org? Or at least put a message up on the old website
telling people about the new one. And if for some reason you no longer
have access to the old website, why not put up on the new website
explaining what the situation is. Because its really hard for an
outsider to get a picture of why there are 2 websites and which one is
the official one.

Its a real shame, because enet is great! I have tried alternatives
such as RakNet but they just don't cut it. Anyway, I look forward to
trying out the new version. FYI, I am working on a freeware
multiplayer game using enet hosted at http://www.konggame.co.uk.

Keep up the good work,

Martin Sherburn.