[ENet-discuss] RE: Linker Errors

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Sun Aug 10 20:21:55 PDT 2003

The problem, near as I can tell, is not in the source code, it's
actually a bug in VC++ and how it handles project builds.  The way I
fixed it was to turn off minimal rebuild and something else I can't
remember (incremental linking?).

I don't think it's a C vs. C++ linkage problem, because I was getting
the same error under an ANSI C project.

But it was a very odd problem.  I could build and get a link error,
then rebuild and it was fine, then build and it was fine, then clean
and build and get the link error again.

One of the problems was that WIN32 was not defined during some
compilations, which should not be possible.  I would put a #error
inside an #ifdef WIN32 and every other time it would get hit or not,
it was seemingly random.

Brian