[ENet-discuss] RE: Linker Errors

Brad Monahan xbradx_00 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 04:45:48 PDT 2003

>The problem, near as I can tell, is not in the source code, it's
>actually a bug in VC++ and how it handles project builds.  The way I
>fixed it was to turn off minimal rebuild and something else I can't
>remember (incremental linking?).
>
>I don't think it's a C vs. C++ linkage problem, because I was getting
>the same error under an ANSI C project.
>
>But it was a very odd problem.  I could build and get a link error,
>then rebuild and it was fine, then build and it was fine, then clean
>and build and get the link error again.
>
>One of the problems was that WIN32 was not defined during some
>compilations, which should not be possible.  I would put a #error
>inside an #ifdef WIN32 and every other time it would get hit or not,
>it was seemingly random.
>
>Brian

I tried turning minimal rebuild and incremental compilation off, but I still
got the same linker errors.
You were saying how you would build and get a linker error, then rebuild and
it would compile fine, well mine doesn't do that. I haven't compiled the
project even once since I included enet into the project. This is a very
weird problem. Any other ideas?

-Brad