[vworld-tech] Python

Brian Crowder crowder at fiverocks.com
Tue Apr 26 19:45:41 PDT 2005

We were using Python extensively on UO2 before it was cancelled, and the
result at least _looked_ very elegant.  Unfortunately, the game never
shipped and so my main concern at the time, that it might perform poorly
under load, was never tested.

Glyph Lefkowitz (one of the authors of twisted matrix) was also on that
project, but I don't know if he subscribes to this list.  You might
consider e-mailing him directly (his e-mail can be got from the twisted
homepage).

My personal server-side scripting preference, lately, is Spidermonkey
(the JavaScript implementation provided by mozilla.org), and I believe
there was some discussion about it on this list last year.

-- Brian