[vworld-tech] MUD codebases

Jim Purbrick Jpurbrick at climaxgroup.com
Mon Sep 6 04:56:13 PDT 2004

> Mirjam Eladhari
>
> I guess most ppl on this list have read Bartles book, where he has a
> chapter on different types of codebases (where the perspective is what
> type of game play paradigms is central) In those terms the
> ideal for me would be a codebase.

I've been talking to Richard about this and we agree that a deeper survey
comparing the details of the approaches taken by each codebase would be very
useful. We've currently looking for volunteers, so if you end up surveying a
large number of codebases, please write up your findings!

> Mirjam Eladhari
>
> - where there is an emphasis on role play, but still
> possibility to use
> adventure type event triggers
> - Where players can input content that is persistent, i.e. 'owns' the
> world to a large extent.

Sounds like what you're after is a MOO. Many of them are centred around
player created content.

Cheers,

Jim.