[vworld-tech] DirectPlay for MMOG's

Brian Popp bpopp at midsouth.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 15:30:37 PST 2004

I have to disagree. I'm not using DirectPlay and don't really plan to,
but as someone who is currently writing a UDP manager, all of those
features sound VERY useful. While they may sound trivial, keep in mind
that UDP is a brain-dead protocol and I haven't found many free
alternatives that handle its shortcomings. Everything I've found is
either a very simple sockets wrapper (SDLNet) or a very high level
system with lots of complicated overhead. If anyone knows of something,
I'd love to hear about it.

bpopp - bpopp.net