[vworld-tech] Modern MUD server design

David Wyand vworld-tech at gnometech.com
Fri Feb 20 11:06:32 PST 2004

Brian Hook wrote:

>> Yes, exactly my thoughts. I suspect there are a few homebrew Pike
>> MUD's floating around. I'm going to ask on the Pike list about that.
>
>If you have the time, can you possibly post a bit about how Pike can
>be used to make a MUD?  Maybe a short example of the topic of
>dynamically reloading a class?  That would be be pretty good fodder
>for discussion (and I can try to demonstrate likewise with Lua if
>anyone cares).

For my VW project, I was all ready to move headlong into Python.  However,
the discussions on this list have caused me to rethink my approach.  I would
love to hear some specifics on using Lua and Pike for MUD development,
especially when it comes to reloading classes/code.

Thanks!
-Dave
http://www.gnometech.com