[ENet-discuss] speed up sending outgoing queue commands

Pablo de Heras Ciechomski pablo.deheras at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:11:02 PDT 2015

Hi Eric,

1) Speeding up reliable data

This is a very complex question to me at least. First of all good to
separate (incoming/outgoing) messages but I fail to understand the need of
a separate thread. Maybe you meant a incoming queue and an outgoing queue,
since there can only be one thread accessing ENet at a time (it's not
thread-safe). The speed isn't really determined by how fast or how often
you call enet_host_service since you seem to always be calling it (also
something that tells me that your message sending thread might be messing
things up - not thread-safe) but is dependent on how fast the receiver
sends back his acks.

2) No idea. What do you mean?

Best regards,

Pablo
--
Dr.Sc. Pablo de Heras Ciechomski, founder
pablo at sciencevisuals.com
www.sciencevisuals.com