[ENet-discuss] Inconsistent connection status between hosts in bad network conditions

Pablo de Heras Ciechomski pablo.deheras at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 05:38:12 PDT 2015

Dear Kristin,

Also as a follow-up. Why I assumed it is a military application and/or
emergency (bombing/fire/high security installation/medical life support
equipment) is that in normal circumstances, a packet drop of above 2%
usually means you have to adjust the bandwidth and/or send your packets
more "harmoniously" as you are overloading the client and thus creating a
bottleneck somewhere down the line. If you insist on having a connection at
95% packet loss you are looking at "un-normal" operational conditions. Was
I close?

The way I do it using ENet is that I try to re-connect on a disconnect
event and so far I had not had a problem even at 95% packet loss (when I
flood the client with data for example).

Best regards,

Pablo