[ENet-discuss] reliable sending of large packets seems not to work with enet_host_flush

Emanuel Taube emanuel.taube at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:38:26 PST 2013

Hi,

I am currently evaluating enet for one of my projects and have a problem
with sending of large packets (>32kb).
When I tried to get them sent out with enet_host_flush, it doesn't work but
when I am using enet_host_service with a high timeout they were sent out.
Debugging with gbd shows that the windowSize is reached in the function
enet_protocol_send_reliable_outgoing_commands and thus
host->continueSending is not set to 1 anymore.
Is this behavior supposed, or have anyone else made similiar experience?
My testcode is pretty easy: client sends with enet_peer_send followed by
enet_host_flush and server does enet_host_service in his mainloop. And as
long as the packets are small enough they are received by the server,.

Regards,
Emanuel