[ENet-discuss] enet 1.3.6 dll for .net

Benoit Germain bnt.germain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 00:19:02 PST 2013

2013/2/26 James Bellinger <james at illusorystudios.com>

> With either referenceCount or freeCallback, how are you differentiating
> disconnection from acknowledge?
> For example, enet_peer_disconnect (Peer.Disconnect) calls
> enet_peer_reset_queues.

I don't. It happens that I haven't encountered a situation where I care
though, so I didn't think about it :-).

> As a general thought:
>
> I wonder if it'd be useful to have a 'delivered count' on the packet
> itself.
>
> What is the specific use both of you get from knowing if a packet has been
> delivered though?

I've not needed it myself, since if it's delivered, the protocol continues,
> and if it's not delivered, well,
> reliable delivery will eventually either deliver it or the remote party
> will disconnect, so I don't have
> to pay attention to this.

I have a toy chat application where I can send data to several recipients.
I use it to log the fact that all recipients did receive the text I sent.
Nothing critical.

> Benoit:
>
> I don't see ENet setting the packet freeCallback anywhere. I believe it's
> unrelated to the malloc/free.

Yes you are right, I didn't check the code. Well then it means I can change
my binding to use this instead of maintaining a list of packets for
acknowledgment notification. (this packet callback didn't exist when I
implemented this feature).

--
Benoit.