[ENet-discuss] enet 1.3.6 dll for .net

James Bellinger james at illusorystudios.com
Tue Feb 26 08:36:14 PST 2013

With either referenceCount or freeCallback, how are you differentiating
disconnection from acknowledge?
For example, enet_peer_disconnect (Peer.Disconnect) calls
enet_peer_reset_queues.

As a general thought:

I wonder if it'd be useful to have a 'delivered count' on the packet itself.

What is the specific use both of you get from knowing if a packet has
been delivered though?
I've not needed it myself, since if it's delivered, the protocol
continues, and if it's not delivered, well,
reliable delivery will eventually either deliver it or the remote party
will disconnect, so I don't have
to pay attention to this.

Benoit:

I don't see ENet setting the packet freeCallback anywhere. I believe
it's unrelated to the malloc/free.
The wrapper I made is thin and low level for speed, so I don't
encapsulate enet_host_service in any special way.

BS Flasher:

Yes, I can make a method to let you get a callback on free. That is no
problem.
I want to make sure the methods I add to the C# library are useful,
since once it's part
of the library, I don't want to ever remove it, because that would
breaks people's software.
So let's figure out the best way and then add it.

James