[ENet-discuss] Change lost connection timeout

Sebastian Ahlman sebastian.ahlman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 03:43:20 PDT 2013

Say I have to processes running ENet, one server and one client. Neither
one is sending any application specific data across the wire, but they do
have an active ENet connection. If one of the processes crashes (or I kill
it) the other one will, after some time, realize that the other peer went
away and I will get a disconnect event on the process that is still active.
I would like to adjust the timeout so that the remaining process realizes
this almost immediately, say in two seconds or so. I found the function
enet_peer_timeout(), but that seems to deal with ACKs to reliable packets,
and I want to have the system react to lost connections without me having
to send reliable packets. Clearly this already works, but it takes too long
for my purposes. Can I make the timeout smaller somehow?

Thanks!