[ENet-discuss] how to scan the LAN which server has been started with special port by broadcast message

Lee Salzman lsalzman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 01:44:52 PDT 2013

If you use the enet connect mechanism, you are only going to get a
connection with the first remote host that responds.

The only way to get an actual broadcast functionality is to use raw UDP
sockets. Create a raw UDP socket, broadcast UDP packet over this, have
remote hosts respond in kind with UDP packets, and collect these addresses
so that you may open normal ENet connections to them.

There are tricks you can do to reuse the actual ENet socket for this, but I
would get the basic idea implemented first before worrying about trying to
do that...