[ENet-discuss] Announcing QENet - a Qt Wrapper for ENet

Nathan Osman nathan.osman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:51:10 PDT 2012

I am pleased to announce the first beta of a Qt wrapper for the ENet
library written in C++. The project page can be found here on Launchpad:
https://launchpad.net/qenet

The wrapper doesn't fully cover all of the ENet functions (such as the
enet_socket_* functions) but it covers enough of the library that hosts can
be created, peers can be connected to, and packets can be exchanged. My
wrapper uses a QTimer to call enet_host_service() at regular intervals and
then emits signals when an event occurs (in Qt, a signal is a special
function that can be "attached" to slots that are invoked with the signal
is emitted).

The project page contains an archive with the source code and two examples,
a GUI client and a GUI server. The examples demonstrate the exchange of
packets between peers. Also, the source code includes Doxygen comments,
making it easy to generate documentation for the wrapper.

I still have a bit of work to do before the final 0.1 release, such as
adding a README file, writing some unit tests, and making some other minor
adjustments. Any feedback on the wrapper would be greatly appreciated. Once
the 0.1 release is final, I plan to pursue getting the package into the
Debian archives and then requesting a package sync to Ubuntu.

- Nathan