[ENet-discuss] Questioning a server without connecting to it

Ruud van Gaal ruud at racer.nl
Tue May 29 04:01:37 PDT 2012

That's interesting; you may have a lot of lag but still enough bandwidth to
push through 60 input states per second.

I can imagine with 500ms ping, the delay of moving a tennis player around
can cause a miss when striking the ball.
So how do you handle the moving tennis ball? Does it move the same (the
same time) on both clients, or is there some sort of lag between what one
client is seeing vs the other?
Do you also send 60 pkt/sec with the ball position? I'd expect a lot of
jerks when trying to update the ball like that; you'd need a bit of
filtering to avoid timing issues and have a jittering ball on the screen.

Cheers,
Ruud