[ENet-discuss] ENet and NAT hole punching

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:36:33 PST 2011

Good evening,

I'm interested in making my ENet powered application able to do NAT hole
punching.

After looking through the NAT hole punching RFC it looks fairly simple
(section 2.3 here<http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/%7Ebaford/nat/draft-ford-natp2p-00.txt>
).
What is needed is a way to send a single packet to a specific address and
port number.
The content of the packet isn't important since it will be discarded anyway.
It's just used to get the NAT to remember the address.

If I read the source correctly I could simply open a connection and let it
fail.
Is there any way to send this packet without going through all the overhead?

Perhaps just call enet_socket_send() directly?

Thanks