[ENet-discuss] ENetPeer->data and enet_host_service

Jacob F. queatz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:20:37 PDT 2011

I really need some help.  This bug has stalled me for 2 days and I am
getting no where at all.
What happens is when I change a peer's void* I can no longer call
enet_host_service() without making a segmentation fault.

I have pushed the bugged code to my repository so you can look at it.

https://github.com/Queatz/Simple-C---Game-Engine/blob/master/engine/network.cpp

As you can see, at line 147 I assign something to the peer data if someone
connects.  Now, just above that on line 138 you see the call to
enet_host_service where the segmentation fault happens.  It
happens consistently on the next call (which is of a none event type) after
a client connects, causing that peer data to get set.  With that line (147)
commented I get no segmentation fault at all.

If someone could see something I am missing I would be very grateful.