[ENet-discuss] CPU Usage

Nicholas J Ingrassellino nick at lifebloodnetworks.com
Sun Sep 26 17:35:17 PDT 2010

Blunt is good.

My disclaimer in my first message was meant to pose this as an
experiment. This is a proof of concept kind of thing and nothing more.
The idea is to develop an alternative to sending hold frames (or only
the deltas). Much like VoIP does not suffer from some missing data I
want to do a little work on how much an image would suffer from the
smallest discrete unit (a pixel) missing unexpectedly. Look at my
experiment as anything other than academic-- or a what if-- and you miss
the point.

*This is purely a exercise of the mind with a little code to back it up.*

Compression and related topics will come later when I have the basics
figured out.

Nicholas J Ingrassellino
LifebloodNetworks.com <http://www.lifebloodnetworks.com/> ||
nick at lifebloodnetworks.com <mailto:nick at lifebloodnetworks.com>

"The idea that I can be presented with a problem, set out to logically
solve it with the tools at hand, and wind up with a program that could
not be legally used because someone else followed the same logical steps
some years ago and filed for a patent on it is horrifying."
- John Carmack on software patents