[ENet-discuss] A query about channels

Ruud van Gaal ruud at racer.nl
Sun Jan 17 12:06:45 PST 2010

I use a packet class where I can just add bytes & shorts & ints (and
strings) to a packet. So you just:

enum Cmd
{
  CMD_CAR_UPDATE,
  CMD_CHAT,
};

pkt=new Packet();
pkt->AddChar(CMD_CAR_UPDATE);
pkt->AddFloat(carX);

and later at the receiving end:

cmd=pkt->GetChar();

Although a struct where all things start with 'char cmd' can also do nicely.
Learn more about pointers and dereferencing them in C/C++.

Cheers,
Ruud