[ENet-discuss] Shooter Game

Daniel Aquino mr.danielaquino at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 10:24:19 PDT 2009

Yea, Forsaken has been p2p since the beginning and it simply has
"shooter perspective" or "target perspective" meaning you either play
with the shooter deciding if you were hit or the target deciding if
they got hit...

Normally we always play with target perspective cause nobody likes
putting in effort to dodge and then still getting hit...

I wrote a small p2p prototype on enet and I'm just wondering how well
it could scale in the end... I  found some old posts saying that enet
was able to handle 8000 incoming packets.  But network programming is
really a new ball game for me.

Down the road I might attempt to implement a server/client setup but
as one of you already stated I would have support for any client to
act as a server.

Another options is to have support for a pseudo host which would be
the first person to connect to the server and would have control over
setting up the game.