[ENet-discuss] ENET_PORT_BROADCAST

Ben Johnson bencelot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 09:08:44 PDT 2008

Hey all.. I know ENET_PORT_BROADCAST doesn't exist. But is there something
similar? Suppose I'm at a LAN party and there are many
servers running my game. But they're all running with different/unknown
ports. I can use ENET_HOST_BROADCAST to find the IP.. but it seems
I need to know the exact port that is being used to find the server. I could
do a loop and scan through every IP from 1 to 65535, but that'd be silly.

Furthermore, even if I did know the port.. using ENET_HOST_BROADCAST will
stop searching once the first server has replied, yes?
What would be the best way to continue searching so I can connect to (and
request server info from) all the possible servers on the LAN.

Thanks!

Ben.