[ENet-discuss] Using enet peer data

ingmar wirths ingmania at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 5 13:39:03 PDT 2008

I would suggest to decouple the 3d models from the network model and rather
have a structure, that holds all 3d models on every client (and on the
server of course).
Then you need to think of a way to synchronize the models location, or
whatever you
want the player to be able to manipulate on the models, on the
clients. This meens basically to
invent some protocol that does that.

I believe the peer data field is meant to store the players name or
something that
represents the player.

A few days ago somebody posted this link which i found very interesting:
http://lists.cubik.org/pipermail/enet-discuss/2008-March/000820.html

Cheers
ingmar