[ENet-discuss] Impact of high latency on enet

Bitjump bitjump at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 14:30:35 PST 2008

For networks that occasionally show spikes in latency such that the other
end
seems unavailable for a short period of time, what's the best way to
accommodate?

How would one change the following enumerations:
  ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_LIMIT
  ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_MINIMUM
  ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_MAXIMUM

Using enet now I receive a disconnect event under these circumstances, where
if the
same connection were using TCP (due to TCPs long timeouts), the connection
would
eventually be available again.

Just reading the code I noticed that timeouts can occur in two ways. One
based on an
absolute timeout using the TIMEOUT_MAXIMUM and one on the round trip timeout
using
the TIMEOUT_MINIMUM.

Appreciate any help.