[ENet-discuss] how to know when it's safe to call enet_peer_send

Ruud van Gaal ruud at racer.nl
Tue Mar 18 14:51:25 PDT 2008

It seems you may want to change ENET_PROTOCOL_MAXIMUM_WINDOW_SIZE, although
I'm not sure what it does. :)

I have had similar problems where I wanted to modify disconnect timeouts.
I've modified the source so I can change ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_MINIMUM and
ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_MAXIMUM to the applications preference. In one app (a
lobby server) the short timeouts are ok, but for another app (LAN-based)
there can be delays of ~30s in calling enet).

Is it an idea (Lee?) to put most of those tuning settings in an ENetPrefs
structure so you can modify them before initializing Enet? It seems for GPRS
for example you'll need slightly tuned settings.

Cheers,
Ruud