[ENet-discuss] Different enet versions of server and client

Lee Salzman lsalzman1 at cox.net
Thu Jan 10 19:40:52 PST 2008

The protocols used in different point releases are incompatible. I am
roughly going by this scheme:

Version numbers are X.Y.Z

If X is different, then the API and/or internals have radically altered
beyond all hope of compatibility.
If Y is different, the API is roughly the same, but the protocol is not
compatible.
If Z is different, then only bug-fixes and minor changes have occurred,
but the protocol has not changed at all and should still be compatible.

Lee