[ENet-discuss] ENet Control Messages

Giuseppe Greco giuseppe.greco at agamura.com
Wed Sep 12 01:27:31 PDT 2007

Hi there,

Looking at the ENet source code, it looks like most of the control
messages are sent with the ACK flag turned on - meaning they are
reliable. An exception is the "immediate disconnect" message;
such a message has the ACK flag turned off and the UNSEQUENCED
flag turned on.

Well, assuming control messages are sent over channel 0xFF, could
you explain me why in function enet_peer_queue_outgoing_command()
only valiable peer->outgoingReliableSequenceNumber is incremented,
regardless of whether or not the ACK flag is turned on?

Here below is the piece of code I am talking about:

ENetOutgoingCommand *
enet_peer_queue_outgoing_command (ENetPeer * peer, const ENetProtocol *
command, ENetPacket * packet, enet_uint32 offset, enet_uint16 length)
{

    if (command -> header.channelID == 0xFF)
    {
       ++ peer -> outgoingReliableSequenceNumber;

       outgoingCommand -> reliableSequenceNumber = peer ->
outgoingReliableSequenceNumber;
       outgoingCommand -> unreliableSequenceNumber = 0;
    }

    return outgoingCommand;
}

Thanks,