[ENet-discuss] Enet client showing wrong connection status with server.

Faisal Khan faisal.nust at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 13:58:06 PST 2007

Hi,

I am facing a problem while sending packets from a client to server. The
problem is after some time of inactivity, server disconnects the client. But
somehow client is not being informed of this connection break. 'peer->state'
always show as connected. (Value 4)

Running packet capturing tool revealed that during the silent period ,
server sends some packets (probably ping requests) to client but client did
not respond to these probes.

My question is, Do we always need to send some data over time to keep this
virtual connection alive? Or am I missing something in connection setup?

Thanks in advance!

--
Faisal