[ENet-discuss] Streaming live video

top ugv top.ugv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 00:09:22 PST 2007

 Hello,

Is ENet appropriate for streaming live video?

I tried it, sending 30 frames per second, each frame as a 230400 byte sized
unreliable packet. I have a 1 gbit LAN.

The results were not good. The frames weren't arriving fast enough, the
video played on the client in slow motion. I tried cropping the video, so
that each frame would be only 76800 bytes, and there was little to no
improvement.

When I cut the frame rate down to only 2 frames/packets per second (each
packet 230400 bytes), then things worked ok, but this is unsatisfactory.

Thanks