[ENet-discuss] large data transfer in between normal traffic

Marc Rochel marc.rochel at udicom.de
Mon Dec 10 03:03:12 PST 2007

Hi !

Assuming I have a server with one enet peer and 10 clients, each with
one enet peer, connected to the server. There is a constant small
traffic rate between the clients and the server. Now one clients needs
to get send a large amount of data taking several seconds. If I give
that data as one packet to enet, do the other clients get stalled during
transfer? Or does enet handle that nicely? Or should I implement
something to split the large data in smaller chunks and hand them to
enet as packets over time?

Best regards

    Marc