[ENet-discuss] Bandwidth limits

Martin Sherburn spacedude at konggame.co.uk
Sun Dec 2 15:57:18 PST 2007

I was just wondering what exactly the incoming and outgoing bandwidth
limits represent when set on the host via either enet_host_create or
enet_host_bandwidth_limit. Do they limit the total bandwidth for ALL
peers? Or is it a limit per peer. So for example if I set the limit to
say 10 kb/sec and 10 peers are connected. Do they each get 10kb/sec or
10kb/sec shared between all of them (i.e. 1kb/sec each more or less).

Ideally I'd like to set a limit of 10 kb/sec per peer. So that resources
are shared out fairly equally between clients. Currently it seems that
all players get a big lag spike when a new player connects, and I think
its because the connecting client sucks up all the bandwidth.

Any suggestions and what is the best way to proceed?

Thanks,

SpaceDude.