[ENet-discuss] Meaning of timeout limits

Paul Du Bois paul.dubois at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 11:42:50 PST 2006

In development versions of our program, peers may have to pause for
relatively large amounts of time to perform data processing -- say, up
to 10 seconds. During this time enet's not being serviced, so remote
peers disconnect.

I'd like to increase some of the timeouts to keep this from happening;
I see these in enet.h:

   ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_LIMIT                = 32,
   ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_MINIMUM              = 3000,
   ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_MAXIMUM              = 30000,

These must be in milliseconds, I suppose. Reading the code, I _think_
the right thing to do is bump up the minimum timeout to eg 10000; but
I'm not sure how that will interact with TIMEOUT_LIMIT (a
multiplier?). Any advice here?

thanks!