[ENet-discuss] Reliable Sends

Gregory Hassett greg at hassett.com
Tue May 10 06:16:30 PDT 2005

Hi,

To quote from the enet tutorial, "ENET_PACKET_FLAG_RELIABLE specifies that
the packet must use reliable delivery. A reliable packet is guarenteed to be
delivered, and a number of retry attempts will be made until an
acknowledgement is received from the foreign host the packet is sent to."

I would like to be able to issue a send, and then know if/when the packet
was received successfully (or if it timed out).  That is, after I call
enet_peer_send (peer, channelId, packet) with a packet whose
ENET_PACKET_FLAG_RELIABLE is set, how can I know when the packet has arrived
(or failed to arrive)?

Thanks to anyone who can help .

// greg //