[ENet-discuss] how you can fins LAN server with ENet?

S. Radu pr3t3nd3r_007 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 13:42:33 PST 2005

Hou you must set the server for lan games? What is hapening if there are more than one server in the network? How you find the servers mede on the network and how you connect to them ? can you send me any code witch implement somethink like that ? or a link?
An other think. I created one server - client's program and i tested on my computer an it's working fine but when i try on LAN (2-3 diferent computers) is not working ...
i create the server with
         enet_initialize ();
         address.host = ENET_HOST_ANY;
         address.port = 28765;
         enet_address_set_host(&address, "");
         server = enet_host_create (& address, 32, 0, 0);
And the client with :
         enet_initialize ();
  ENetAddress address = { ENET_HOST_ANY, 28765 };
  enet_address_set_host(&address, servername);
  clienthost = enet_host_create(NULL, 1, 0, 0);
  if(clienthost)
         {
               enet_host_connect(clienthost, &address, 1);
               enet_host_flush(clienthost);
         }
How i can create a per 2 per arhitecture? A star network?, not client server.
Thx for any help you can give me.