[ENet-discuss] Best use of enet for steady I/O

Brian Hook hook_l at bookofhook.com
Sun Aug 22 14:46:53 PDT 2004

> I'm worried about bottlenecks when, for example, outgoing packets
> are neglected while the thread is decoding incoming
> packets... or perhaps the delay would be trivial?

This should not be a real problem, unless you're on a very, very fat
pipe handling thousands of real-time voice connections.  For most
situations the network bandwidth will be the limiting factor.

Separate threads for networking will only confuse the issue, a simple
style loop that pumps the network system occasionally should be
sufficient.

Brian