[ENet-discuss] Best use of enet for steady I/O

John Philip phip at spymac.com
Sun Aug 22 13:50:44 PDT 2004

I've recently discovered the wonderful enet library, but am unsure of the best way to use it. I am working on a voice
telephone program, which will constantly be sending packets to connected users and simultaneously be receiving packets
from all connected users to play back.

I'm not sure what the best method is for creating a program using a (fairly) constant transmit and receive flow with enet,
and figured I should ask those who know it best. Threads? Mutexes? Queues? or just one thread?

I'm worried about bottlenecks when, for example, outgoing packets are neglected while the thread is decoding incoming
packets... or perhaps the delay would be trivial?

Any advice would be invaluable
Thanks,
John
---- Introducing Spymac MailPro: http://www.spymac.com/mailpro/