[ENet-discuss] Sending numerical values in packets

Mika Halttunen lsoft at mbnet.fi
Sat Nov 8 04:26:05 PST 2003

Greetings!
I was wondering, how could I send numerical values, i.e. short ints,
ints and floats, using ENetPackets?

I would also need to read them in on the receiver's side of course. And
what about big- and little-endianess?

For example: I want to sent player position packet, containing id (=
byte) and a pair of floats.
char array[128] = "";
int data_len = 1 + 4 + 4;	// 1 byte, two floats

// Modify the array here to contain the values
array[0] = PLAYER_POS_ID;	// For example 1
// ...

ENetPacket *packet = enet_packet_create(array, data_len, 0);

// Send it away
// ...

Thanks in advance!

--