[ENet-discuss] My wish for ENET

??? weon at digitalwave.co.kr
Mon Nov 3 17:33:47 PST 2003

While during my work in ehancing ENET, some consideration should be taken in the next ENET release.
1. memory handling
	- ENET use a dynamic memory allocation scheme for incoming/outgoing packet handling.
	  This would be nice, but more sensitive against user bugs.
	  I hope the amount of memory used by enet is fixed, as TCP in kernel does.
	  (I added pbuf list mechanism to ENET to handle packet header management like mbuf in TCP,
               but command list handling is, I think, another complex issue. ;-)
2. disconnection/recovery handling
	- I added a simple recovery scheme by comparing challenge values.
3  remote reset handling
	- When one party of a communication pair is abnormally exited,
	  the other party detects it somewhat long time after. I remember
	  PING messages are used for this purpose, but RTT mechanism
	  should be enhanced for faster detection, I think.

All other things are great!

I posted my modification history to Lee Saltzman already.
I hope he also works for the issues above. ;-)

-------
won