[ENet-discuss] Python interface to ENET

Scott Robinson scott at tranzoa.com
Mon Nov 3 06:29:42 PST 2003

Interleaved response follows.

Scott.

* Ling Lo translated into ASCII [Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 05:05:15AM -0800][<Pine.LNX.4.44.0311030456460.14221-100000 at frost.slimy.com>]
> On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Scott Robinson wrote:
>
> > I've been using the pyenet layer for a couple days now and I've been working
> > through wrinkle after wrinkle. Ling, thanks for your excellent work, but I
> > found it was just easier to create a new Pyrex interface... :-(
>
> That's fair enough.  I wrote the pyenet thingibob in a spate of overnight
> coding and I never actually got around to using it in anger (I don't
> think a local loop shoot 'em up counts).

To be fair, mine was a spate of a night and a half. However, I'm definitely
using it in anger. ;-)

> > My new interface has all the functionality of the pyenet layer and then some
> > - it also has improved error checking and it doesn't seem to mysteriously
> > drop connection at certain times...
> >
> > Attached to this e-mail is a source tree patch in unified form with the
> > following:
> >
> > New enet.pyx, updated test scripts, and commented out build options to
> > return to the original pyenet.
>
> Cool, I've not looked into it (and to be honest, don't have the framework
> to test it) but I am more than happy for pyenet to be replaced by your
> work.

Thanks. :-)

After finding out a few things from the pyrexc list, there will probably be
a follow-up patch removing the hard Python/C API access (removing the single
TODO).

There is also the possibility of removing the exception raised on a
disconnected Host being serviced. I wasn't certain how the enet model works,
in that regard...

[snip]

--
http://quadhome.com/            - Personal webpage