[ENet-discuss] VC++.NET Win32 DLL problems

NineInchNails nineinchnails at comcast.net
Sun Nov 2 13:55:02 PST 2003

Hey guys,

I'm trying to put the ENET library into a VC++.NET Win32 DLL and I've run into some problems. I'm relatively new to C++ so try and bare with me if these are obvious questions.

I'm getting the following errors:

protocol.c(1163): fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive

If I turn off precompiled headers then I get this error:

Synet error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__htonl at 4 referenced in function _enet_host_connect
Synet error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__htonl at 4
Synet error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__htonl at 4 referenced in function _enet_protocol_send_outgoing_commands
Synet error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__htons at 4 referenced in function _enet_host_connect
Synet error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__htons at 4
Synet error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__htons at 4
Synet error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ntohl at 4 referenced in function _enet_peer_send
.
.
.

and it keeps going on and on for most of the functions etc.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,
Max