[ENet-discuss] 1.0 imminent - any requests?

Brad Monahan xbradx_00 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 07:53:29 PST 2003

My only requests would be what someone suggested last month. I don't know if
he actually contributed to anything or just merely offered the ideas, but I
think they would be good additions. Perhaps you will feel some of these
would be better off in the next release. Here they are again though just to
reitterate my requests.

1. memory handling
	- ENET use a dynamic memory allocation scheme for incoming/outgoing packet
handling.
	  This would be nice, but more sensitive against user bugs.
	  I hope the amount of memory used by enet is fixed, as TCP in kernel does.
	  (I added pbuf list mechanism to ENET to handle packet header management
like mbuf in TCP,
               but command list handling is, I think, another complex issue.
;-)
2. disconnection/recovery handling
	- I added a simple recovery scheme by comparing challenge values.
3  remote reset handling
	- When one party of a communication pair is abnormally exited,
	  the other party detects it somewhat long time after. I remember
	  PING messages are used for this purpose, but RTT mechanism
	  should be enhanced for faster detection, I think.

I'll be trying the new code and seeing how it works as well. Keep up the
good work.

-Brad