[ENet-discuss] Thinking of using Enet for my cross-platform library.

James Turk enet-discuss@cubik.org
Sat, 05 Apr 2003 20:31:05 -0500

I just discovered ENet and I am rather impressed, I am thinking of using
Enet for my cross-platform library ZEngine, but first I wanted to ask a
couple of things.  (Just to make it clear I would be providing C++
wrapper classes, a ZClient and ZServer and possibly a ZPacket.)

a) Is ENet stable?
b) In what way would the authors prefer me to include ENet?  Should I
link users of my library to the ENet website, should I link them to a
static library, or would it be ok if I simply included the ENet source
in the source distribution of my own library (in the designated
'/external' directory specifically for code that is not part of my
library itself) but of course this would make my usage of ENet
transparent to anybody who does not read the readme/copyright files.

By the way, my library uses the BSD license, so there should be no
concern about people interpreting your code as something which is (L)GPL
or anything like that.

       Thank you,
             James Turk